When you’re on your next RV road trip, you can plan some great meals with a little slice of Americana on the side when you take time to visit the local farmers market.
Here are five good reasons:
- It’s a great place to get advice. The farmers markets are great places to meet the locals. Ask them what they recommend seeing and doing in their home community.
- It’s fresh. The local produce just tastes better because it hasn’t spent days on a truck. It was picked and brought straight to you.
- It’s healthy. Food is most nutritious right off the vine.
- You can jazz up your menu. By talking directly with the growers, you’ll learn even more about what’s in season and maybe even gather the courage to try a recipe you’ve never tried before!
- You’ll be supporting family farms. Farmers often receive less than 10 cents for every dollar you spend at the grocery store. By buying direct from the farm family, you’re supporting an American way of life.
Here are some fun photos from the Santa Fe, NM Farmers Market. It’s a great blend of food, music, crafts, and characters!