Last February’s issue of Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine made it clear: the state parks need our help. “We’ve had a season of record drought and devastating wildfires, and all of that has caused declines in state park visitation and revenue,” said Carter Smith, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department executive director. “For most of us, this is the drought of a lifetime, and we’ve seen very, very substantial effects on our parks.”
Because we at Camper Clinic II love our parks – and watching the incredible wildlife that live there – we’re excited to launch a new campaign. We’re spreading the word about how people can get involved, and from now through the end of October, we’re donating $1 for every new “Like” on our Facebook page.*
Here are four ways you can help right now:
- Go to the Camper Clinic II Facebook page and click “Like.”
- Share this post with friends. Anyone, anywhere, who loves the outdoors can make a difference right now with a “Like!”
- Send us your photos from your visits to state parks, and of the wildlife you’ve seen, whether in your backyard or along your favorite hiking trail. Be sure to tell us more about the locations you’ve visited and the critters you’ve seen. We’ll share these in a future photo gallery so we can all take a mini vacation!
- Plan a visit to a state park. Fall is prime camping season, and there are lots of activities on the park calendars as well! We’ll share links and suggestions throughout the month of October, and if you hear of any fun events, be sure and send us a note about those as well!
By the way, when you email us YOUR wildlife and park photos, we’ll enter your name in two drawings for FREE Texas State Parks Pass!
We’re looking forward to spending the month with you, going camping, birding, hiking, stargazing… you name it! We’ll cook outdoors, build campfires, and finally, spend Halloween in the parks. Thanks for tagging along!
* Camper Clinic II is donating $1 for every “like” up to $1,500! Thanks for sharing and helping us reach our goal!