It’s not too late to head out to the local pumpkin patch, grab a pumpkin, and create an impressive jack-o-lantern to decorate the house or RV. Using a stencil, you can carve like a pro, and impress everyone at the RV park!
2. Use a large, sharp butcher knife to carefully cut the top out of the pumpkin. You can create a circle, angling the knife toward the center of the pumpkin so that the lid fits snugly, or use a zig-zag pattern.
3. Remove the pumpkin seeds and “guts.” Scrape the inside of the pumpkin on the side where you intend to carve your design to make the wall thinner and easier to carve.
4. Choose a stencil. How ambitious are you? There are easy designs for beginners and complex patterns for experts.
5. Tape the stencil to your pumpkin and use the small plastic hole punch to transfer the design to your pumpkin.
7. Put a candle inside the pumpkin and impress your RV neighbors!